We might collect some information about you, mostly what we learn from your Facebook profile. If you want to limit that, go into your Facebook settings to change permissions for third party apps like WeKiki.
If you delete your account, we will likely retain some information on you for liability reasons. Contact us if this displeases you.
For the most part, your data will be pretty anonymous, and we will never sell it.
Please be assured that we take privacy very seriously.
What information do we collect?
We collect information in two ways:
1. When you give it to us or give us permission to get it.
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, profile photo, comments, likes, email address you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us. If you’re using WeKiki on your mobile device, you can also choose to provide us with location data.
You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook, Twitter or other account to WeKiki, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (e.g., your friends or contacts). The information we obtain from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
2. We get technical information when you use our products.
Whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other Internet service, there’s certain information that almost always gets created and recorded in an automated way. Here are some of the types of information we collect.
Log Data. When you use WeKiki, our servers automatically record information about your interaction with our products (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you use it to access WeKiki. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you were visiting before you came to WeKiki, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you used WeKiki.
Device Information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you’re using WeKiki on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac, PC, iPhone, Android or other device. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our products to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect WeKiki and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which version is better.
We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content – including helping you discover content you might like or provide you with tailored advertising.
We also use the information we collect to:
- send you updates, newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, depending on your email notification settings, we may send you weekly updates. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
- Promote our events, products and services or those of our partners.
The information we collect may be “personally identifiable” (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or “non-personally identifiable” (meaning it can’t be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above. We may use or store information wherever WeKiki does business, including countries outside your own.
What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. If you have a WeKiki account, many of the choices you have on WeKiki are built directly in to the product or your account settings. For example, you can:
- Access and change information in your profile page at any time, and choose various settings
- Link or unlink your WeKiki account from an account on another service (e.g., Facebook, Twitter or other account). For some services (like Facebook), you can also choose whether or not to publish your activity on WeKiki to that service.
- Create or be added to a private group. Private groups are visible to you and other participants in the group, and any participant may choose to make the contents of the group available to anyone else. For example, another participant may invite someone else to the group, make the group available to an app they use to view WeKiki, or even just take an item from the group and email or share it with their friends.
- Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access WeKiki. For example:
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage;
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.